Why not nationalize the company and execute its executives?

AIG execs paying themselves tens of millions of dollars $100 165 million in bonuses. For a job well done, no doubt. NY Times provides latest figures (which keep increasing)

[Chief Executive Liddy:] “We cannot attract and retain the best and brightest talent to lead and staff the AIG businesses — which are now being operated principally on behalf of the American taxpayers — if employees believe that their compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the U.S. treasury.” 

I see no need to “retain the best and the brightest” of A.I. G. employees and they have certainly demonstrated that they are no more talented than the fellow who picks up my trash on Mondays. In fact, my garbage man is reliable and does his job, without fail. Let’s put him in charge.

Update: from the Time’s Article, another gem:

The payments to A.I.G.’s financial products unit are in addition to $121 million in previously scheduled bonuses for the company’s senior executives and 6,400 employees across the sprawling corporation. 

UPDATE: The Wall Street Journal says it’s $451 million, plus that $121. We own 80% of this company and can’t stop this? As suggested in my headline, let’s take the remaining 20% and throw these gluttons out on their fat asses. Best and brightest indeed.


Filed under Uncategorized

8 Responses to Why not nationalize the company and execute its executives?

  1. SizeBuyer

    good we deserve what we get…the middle class in this country has faith in our politicians which is stronger than their faith to their religion.

    i’m gonna fix it all vote for me ye followers!

  2. Jack Martin

    I guess these guys won’t be happy until violence breaks out.

  3. anonymous

    As a shareholder (or bond investor) one bets upon which businesses and managements one thinks will make money….it’s all risky stuff…need to do own work to properly place bets

    As a taxpayer, forced to pay for life/career mistakes of various undeserving people of all income levels…..poor people who choose to have kids they can’t afford; UAW or gvt employees who expect a $100K/yr “tenured” job for shoddy, lazy work….and dishonest “rich” guys….lots of scammers of various flavors at all income/wealth levels….get over it….people will be people, except perhaps on Sesame Street

  4. why

    This is sick. Why in the world are we helping these companies that keep sending millions to people who do not know how to run a company? Furthermore, I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg–there are so many ways these funds are hurting ‘average Joes’ but benefiting those in high places. Look what Enterprise rent-a-car did to get bailout funds:


  5. Walt

    You guys are such pikers. You really don’t get it. These guys deserve the money. Just like Bernies investors deserve a bail out. Off to the beach!!
    Your pal!!

  6. John

    Excellent suggestion, is there a Pike outlet store or any Pike emporium in Wilton? I’m buying.

  7. Dave

    All of these executives should be dragged out into the street, beaten, and publicly executed. The middle class will not stand for this anymore. Why should anyone be rewarded for incompetence. Revolution is coming and I hope these executives are ready to reap what they sow.

  8. Jim

    Why do cars, houses, and medical care all cost too much money?
    Why are we still on oil?
    Why don’t they build efficient, light, and strong cars that people can actually afford to buy?
    Why don’t they build houses so it doesn’t cost so much to heat and cool them?
    Bean counters shouldn’t be running health insurance programs and try to knock out every little claim someone makes.
    There are a lot of business executives out there that should be strung up…..